Is Your Appraisal Review Board (ARB) Hearing Result Too High?
You can still litigate or arbitrate your property tax value.
"Taxman’s" Tip: Litigation & Arbitration Video
To learn more about the Litigation and Arbitration process,
read Paul's article from the September 2016 edition of REDNews by clicking on the box below.
"Taxman’s" Article on Litigation & Arbitration
REDNews, Your Commercial Real Estate Marketing Source, September 2016, p. 20
Sign-up with Bettencourt Tax Advisors today to speak with the Best Litigation and Arbitration Teams in the business! CommercialServices@btanow.com
This is the third step in the protest appeal process. Litigation and arbitration are options open to property owners whose appeal has advanced through the formal hearing stage, but has yet to reach the value supported by the evidence presented. 25% of all civil litigation at the court house is typically property value appeals.
If there is a strong case for a value reduction and the county appraisal district will not agree to it in the formal hearing, Bettencourt Tax Advisors can provide litigation management and support, or arbitration services on your behalf
To qualify for litigation or arbitration:
1. Your property must be settled in an Appraisal Review Board (ARB) or correction hearing to be eligible for either arbitration or litigation.
2. You must have a homestead exemption; or have a commercial or residential property valued below $5 million to qualify for an arbitration.
3. All other properties may qualify for litigation
Contact our knowledgeable team today to review your case and determine which course of action may be the best for you. (713) 263-6100
Bettencourt Tax Advisors can help you Litigate or Arbitrate a bad result at your ARB hearing.
- Filing a Judicial Appeal or Arbitration with BTA can save you nearly 10% more on average.
- BTA has specialized in Litigation and Arbitration for the past 6 years.
- BTA's Senior Property Tax Consultants and Tax Agents are especially trained in the BTA Way of Judicial Appeal Methods to save you money on your tax bills.
Paul Bettencourt attended every litigation mediation for BTA's existing customers for 5 years in a row to provide his assistance and expertise, as needed. If you would like to discuss any aspect of litigation and arbitration to reduce your property tax valuation, contact BTA NOW!
Contact BTA today! Our Very Successful Litigation and Arbitration Teams can help you find the right solution to lower your property tax valuation! CommercialServices@btanow.com